Search Today Top News Here

Custom Search

Afridi to retire from Test cricket

·

Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi announced on Friday that he would quit Test cricket after his side’s second Test match against Australia next week.

Pakistan skipper Shahid Afridi on Friday made a dramatic announcement that he would quit Test cricket after his side’s second Test match against Australia next week.

Afridi said after his side’s 150-run defeat at the hands of Australia in the first Test at Lord’s here that the second and final match starting at Headingley from July 21 would be his last.

“I did the wrong thing. I think my temperament is not good enough for Test cricket and I am struggling with a side injury. I think maybe the next Test will be my last,” Afridi told BBC Radio after the match.

“It is a board decision but I would think Salman Butt is the best man for the job now. I have a bit of an injury and I would rather focus on one-day and Twenty20 cricket,” said Afridi who was playing his first Test in four years.

His decision means a new captain will be in place when Pakistan takes on England in the four match Test series starting on July 29.

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sponsers